If you smell gas in your home, you should:
- Put out all cigarettes and other naked lights
- Switch off all gas appliances
- Turn the gas off at the mains (the main tap is usually beside your gas meter)
- Make sure you do not turn on any lights or other electrical switches (this could cause a spark)
- Phone TRANSCO on the emergency number: 0800 111 999
We install Carbon Monoxide detectors in our gas heated properties. If this starts to sound the alarm, then turn off your gas boiler and other appliances and call our office or emergency call centre outside office hours.